It has been active in sponsoring archaeological excavations, conservation and other scientific work.
Since 1956 it has published an annual journal called ` Buletin i Muzeut të Kosovës', with articles in Albanian (with summaries in French, English or German).
Waplog is the best social network to meet new people.
Register in seconds to find new friends, share photos, live chat and be part of a great community!
Also housed here are exhibits expressing the day in the life for the people in various regions.
The museum used to have a rich collection of prehistoric objects uncovered in Kosovo – these were all spirited off to Belgrade just before the troubles started in 1998, and hundreds of archaeological finds and ethnographic items yet have to be returned.
The roof was rebuilt and belongs to "mansard" type, covered with "modern" tiles.
Founded in 1949, the Kosovo museum has departments of archaeology, ethnography, and natural science, to which a department for the study of history and the National Liberation Struggle was added in 1959.The development of the Database is made possible by the generous support of the British Embassy in Pristina.The content expressed herein are responsibility of the Ministry for Culture, Youth and Sports and do not necessarily reflect the views of the donors.This file contains additional information such as Exif metadata which may have been added by the digital camera, scanner, or software program used to create or digitize it.If the file has been modified from its original state, some details such as the timestamp may not fully reflect those of the original file.Type of Protection: Other Date of Protection: 02-278/67 Type of Protection: Under termporarly protection Date of Protection: 2011 Type of Protection: Under termporarly protection Date of Protection: 2012 Type of Protection: Under termporarly protection Date of Protection: 2013 Type of Protection: Under termporarly protection Date of Protection: 2014-2015 Monumental eclectic building "Kosovo Museum" (Guest house of Jashar Pasha), is located close to the historic area of the city of Prishtina in street "Ibrahim Lutfiu", which is built around 1885/86.The building was built by the Austro - Hungary for the needs of the Turkish Army.The timestamp is only as accurate as the clock in the camera, and it may be completely wrong. If you are seeking for new friendship, relationship and love, Waplog is the best online dating site to flirt and date and the best platform to friend a friend.Until 1975 the building has been the military command headquarters during the regime of former Yugoslavia for the Prishtina region. Since 1980 the building has been used as a museum of Kosovo.The layout of the building is rectangular, with floors: B P 2 NK, and built with construction materials like stone, brick, wood and marble.